To make an appointment for long-stay D visa, please contact the Consular Section of Estonian Embassy in Astana via e-mail: [email protected]
The applications for long-term D visa can be submitted on every Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 11.00 to 13-00 (in first come first serve).
NB! The phone number- +7 7172 240-310 of Consular Section is available on working days from 15-00 to 17-00.
• A long-term visa is issued for a stay in Estonia and valid for up to 12 months (i.e. 365 days).
• A long-term visa is an interstate visa, giving the right to travel throughout the Schengen area up to 90 days within six months.
• You can only apply for a long-term visa at Estonian diplomatic missions.
To apply for a long-term visa D, the following list of documents must be submitted:
- travel document which is issued within previous 10 years, contains at least two blank pages for visas and is valid at least 3 months after the expiration date of the visa;
- completed, printed out and signed Visa Application Form ;
- photo 35×45 mm (no older than 6 months);
- travel medical insurance which guarantees payment of any costs related to his or her medical treatment due to his or her illness or injury during the validity of the visa, in the case of a multiple-stay visa until the expiry of the period of the first planned stay. As a rule, travel medical insurance must be valid for the whole period of requested visa. If applicant will be covered with Estonian health insurance (Haigekassa) after arrival to Estonia, travel medical insurance must cover only the period until Estonian health insurance (Haigekassa) insurance becomes valid. For example – if person applies visa for short-term employment, travel medical insurance must cover travel period and additionally first 14 days of working.
- documents indicating the purpose of journey, e.g.
confirmation letter from the host,
documents proving that applicant is going to work in Estonia (confirmation from the employer, registration of short-term employment),
documents proving that applicant is going to study in Estonia.
- for a minor child traveling with one of the parents, accompanied by a third person or one, unaccompanied, it is necessary to provide an appropriate notarized consent for the departure of a minor child from the parents, issued to leave unaccompanied, accompanied by one of the parents or accompanied by a third person. If a parent leaves with a minor, but does not submit a visa application at the same time with a child, a copy of the parent’s valid visa must be attached;
- During the examination of an application, a consular officer may request additional documents.
- at the time of submission of the application, biometrical data – 10 fingerprints of the applicant is collected; children under the age of 12 and persons for whom fingerprinting is physically impossible shall be exempt from the requirement to give fingerprints;
- visa fee 100 €, children 6-11 years 40 €;
- The following persons are exempted from paying the visa fee:
- Children under 6 years
- A family member of an Estonian or an EU/ EEA citizen
- Processing of the visa application takes minimum 15 calendar days!
It is possible to pay the state fee through the bank to Tallinn (details are indicated in the Consular fee section) or at the Consulate department with your bank card. Cards issued by the Kazakhstan banks are accepted. Payment in cash is not possible.
Numbers of bank accounts of the MINISTRY OF FINANCE (payee) intended for transfer of state duty:
Swedbank EE932200221023778606 (BIC/SWIFT: HABAEE2X)
SEB Pank EE891010220034796011 (BIC/SWIFT: EEUHEE2X)
LHV Pank EE777700771003813400 (BIC/SWIFT: LHVBEE22)
Luminor Bank EE701700017001577198 (BIC/SWIFT: RIKOEE22)
Reference number : 2900073630
Clarification of the payment: Review of visa applications, first name and surname of the applicant
If it is not possible to enter the reference number on the payment order of a foreign country, the reference number must be entered in the clarification field.
When transferring the state fee, kindly note that it takes time for the funds to be received to account. Please note that reference number and clarification of the payment are compulsory fields on the payment order.
Please note that visa fee will be taken for processing the visa application.
A long-term visa is issued for short-term work in Estonia with a stay of up to 6 months and a validity of up to 12 months.
To apply for a long-term visa, the applicant must register a short-term job firstly at the Police and Border Board.
To register short-term work, you can apply for in the following cases:
- a creative worker within the meaning of the Spectacular Enterprises Act, working in a spectacular enterprise;
- a teacher or to work as a teacher in Estonia in an educational institution that meets the requirements of a legal institution approved by legal acts;
- for scientific activity, if the foreigner has special training or experience for this;
- athlete, coach, sports referee or sports worker for professional activities at the invitation of the respective sports union;
- to work for the purpose of vocational training in practice through the mediation of an educational institution or student organization located in a foreign state for the purpose of practicing or directing an educational institution located in a foreign state, if this is part of the curriculum;
- to service the diplomatic mission of a foreign state with the permission of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs;
- for babysitting;
- expert, adviser, consultant, if the foreigner has special training for this;
- equipment installer or specialist if the foreigner has special training for this;
- for work on seasonal work related to the processing of agricultural products;
- based on international agreement.
More complete information on the registration of short-term work and registration of a temporary residence permit (Temporary Residence Permit) can be obtained on the home page of the Police and Border Department: www.politsei.ee