The following shall be submitted upon application for visa:
- a valid travel document which is issued within previous 10 years, contains at least two blank pages for visas and is valid at least 3 months after the expiration date of the visa;
- a filled in and signed application form. In case several persons (minors or a spouse) are covered by the same travel document, individual application forms must be filled in and signed by the persons concerned, in case of minors signed by the parental authority or the legal guardian. A minor at least 15 years old may lodge and sign a visa application personally;
- photo (size 35x45mm);
- insurance policy valid in Schengen countries with a coverage of at least 30.000 EUR for the entire duration of stay in Schengen area;
- supporting documents:
- documents indicating the purpose of journey;
- documents in relation to accommodation or proof of sufficient means to cover your accommodation;
- documents indicating that you possess sufficient means of subsistence both for the duration of the intended stay and for the return to your country of origin or residence (100€ for each day in Estonia);
- information which enables to assess your intention to leave Schengen area before the expiry of the visa;
- processing of the visa application strictly takes 15 calendar days!
According to the EU Visa Code visa applicants are required to present documentsindicating among other things the purpose of their journey. In order to ensure a harmonised application of the common visa policy, the EU Visa Code requires the need to complete and harmonise the lists of supporting documents to be assessed within local Schengen cooperation in each jurisdiction in order to take account of local circumstances.
Local Schengen cooperation in Kazakhstan has drawn up a harmonised list of supporting documents:
General requirements for all applicants
- Proof of sufficient means of subsistence:
- proof of employment with salary slips, if appropriate;
- bank statement for the last three months, traveller cheques, or sponsorship document.
- Proof of accommodation in the Member State concerned (if not invited or covered by the host).
- Information enabling an assessment of the applicant’s intention to leave the territory of the Member States before expiry of the visa applied for (e.g. the return flight or train ticket reservation, proof of property, a work contract, proof of family ties in Kazakhstan).
- Non Kazakh nationals: proof of residence in Kazakhstan
- Valid residence permit
Additional documents to be submitted relating to the purpose of the journey
- Members of official delegations
- Copy of the official invitation from the Member State of destination or an international organization.
- Holders of diplomatic and service passports: Verbal Note from the Kazakh MFA
- Holders of ordinary passports: Verbal Note or order of mission from the relevant ministry or authority
- Business persons
- Invitation from a firm or authority to attend meetings, conferences or events connected with trade, industry or work indicating the purpose and duration of stay and whether the travel expenses and/or accommodation are covered by the inviting entity. Invitation or guarantee according to the national legislation of the Member State that processes the application.
- Letter from the employer or employment contract.
- For business owners and independent businesspersons: document proving the official registration of the company’s business activities. An invitation letter from the company concerned which has been validated by the competent local authorities, if required by the national legislation of the Member State.
Family or friends visit
- Close relatives (father, mother or child) of residents in a Member State
- Invitation issued by the Member State’s competent authority, if required by the national legislation of the Member State, and copy of the ID card of the host
- Proof of the legal residence of the host (if he or she not a citizen of the Member State of residence)
- Proof of family tie (birth certificate)
- Other private visitors
- Invitation letter:
- An invitation letter signed by hosting family or friends, if required by the national legislation of the Member State [email protected]
- Proof of the legal residence of the host (if not citizen of the Member State of residence)
- Proof related to the purpose of the journey: document related to accommodation
Documents relating to accommodation and itinerary (such as hotel reservations, confirmation of the booking of an organised trip or any other appropriate document indicating the envisaged travel plans)
Study or training, events or other activities
Participants in scientific, cultural and artistic activities, sports or religious events; study and training:
- Invitation to participate, entry tickets, enrolments or programmes stating the name of the host organisation in the Member State and the length of stay or any other appropriate document indicating the purpose of the journey.
- Medical report from a local doctor or hospital where applicable.
- Proof of sufficient financial means to pay for the treatment
- Confirmation from the hospital in the Member State that an appointment has been made and indicating the duration and estimated costs of the treatment, as well as a guarantee that all costs of the envisaged medical treatment will be covered.
Visa or other entry permit for the country of final destination, tickets for the onward journey.
- birth certificate.
- the consent of the parental authority or legal guardian should be required only if the minor travels alone or only with one parent. This does not apply if the travelling parent is a single parent or holds sole parental authority.